January 12, 2011

Snow Day

This past Sunday, Peyton and I went to Wrightwood to play in the snow. We headed up with two of Peyton's friends as well. As a child, my family would go skiing in Wrightwood because it was such an easy drive from the OC. Oh, the memories. Back to Sunday… The weather was absolutely beautiful and I never had to put on my jacket. I bundled up Peyton since I knew she was going to be playing in the snow. Once we arrived, it was so fun to see Peyton's face the minute the van door opened. She immediately wanted to see what snow tasted like. I constantly had to remind her to keep her gloves on because her hands would get cold or even worse, her gloves would get wet on the inside. Peyton LOVED sledding, especially when she went with a friend down the hill. We ended up hiking to the top of the mountain we were sledding on and found the most beautiful view. It was so clear that day and it was great to breath in fresh air. Peyton attempted making a snow angel but it didn't go so well since it was very warm outside and there was a thin layer of ice on the surface of the snow. We ended sledding for about 2 hours and then we decided to head back home before everyone left Mountain High. Peyton was so sad when I told her it was time to leave. I’m glad we left when we did because Peyton's clothes were very wet and the last thing I wanted her to get was a cold. We had such a wonderful time in the snow. Peyton is looking forward to the next trip.












No comments:

Post a Comment