July 16, 2011

Crystal Cove

The girls and I headed to the beach this past Sunday, since it was going to be warm that day. I decided we would go back to Crystal Cove, as we have only been there one other time. We had a nice long walk to the beach from where we parked the car. On our way to the beach, we were walking on the paved trail and I noticed a cat walking towards us. Once I got a closer look, I noticed it was a bobcat! I pretty much freaked because I knew it was too big to be a house cat. I picked up Logan, grabbed Peyton's hand and we proceeded to walk in the opposite direction. I kept looking back as we were walking and it was still following us. We finally ran in to another family that was walking towards the beach and they could tell I was panicing a bit. As the bobcat noticed a large group of people, it finally ran in to the brush. I briefly, thought... why am I not at Newport Beach, this wouldn't happen at Newport! The girls had lots of questions about what bobcats eat, where do they live, will it come get us on the beach, etc. I'll be honest, I was a little nervous when we had to walk back to the car. I made sure we walked back with a group of people and not by ourselves.

Despite the bobcat "issue" and the seaweed flies, we had a great time at Crystal Cove. Safe to say, the girls LOVE the beach.









1 comment:

  1. So stinkin' cute!!! Peyton and Logan are the quintessential California beach girls!!!

    ReplyDelete