October 3, 2010

The Race for the Cure

This year we participated in the Race for the Cure in honor of my mom. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in February and she's been a poster child for women living with breast cancer. She is truly a survivor and we are so proud of her. We decided to create a team and we so fittingly called it "Team Cattich Patch". Nolan's dad, Russ, designed t-shirts for all the team members with my mom's face on it. They turned out awesome! The "race" started bright and early, which was good since it was over 100 degrees that day in the afternoon. We walked the entire race and enjoyed the music and people watching. It took us about 45 minutes to complete the race. It was such an amazing day and it brought tears to my eyes to see my mom sitting on stage with all the breast cancer survivors. Our team ending up raising a total of $2,768.00. How awesome is that?!!! Go Team Cattich Patch! We are looking forward to participating in the race next year.

This picture of my mom was taken just before the race started. There were thousands of people that participated.













No comments:

Post a Comment