August 30, 2010

August 21st Weekend

Sorry this post is so late as the girls haven't been feeling well.

We had a rough start to our weekend as Logan's fever, which started on Thursday night, was still there on Saturday. I must say, I truly hate it when our girls are sick. I'm the type of mom that is a very light sleeper and I am constantly feeling foreheads throughout the night when they are sick to make sure they don't have a fever in the middle of the night. I will wake up the girls in the middle of the night to give them Motrin and a drink, which will hopefully cool them down. I recently heard about people getting seizures from having a high fever and I freaked. Thank goodness, Logan's fever stayed steady at around 101. Once the magic Motrin kicked in, she was back to her little silly self during the day.

I headed to the Target in the late morning on Saturday and when I arrived home, Geoff said that Peyton looked a little green and went upstairs to take a nap. Wait a minute... Peyton hasn't taken a nap (besides falling asleep in the car occasionally) in over two years! The girl doesn't nap so I knew something wasn't right. I headed to her room, and there she was, laying in her bed. I checked her temperature and she had a fever too! We were so bummed because we missed our friend's second birthday party and we also missed dinner with our good friends. We also missed my mom's birthday celebration as well on Sunday. Motrin seemed to keep the girls' fevers down for a while, but the fever always came back. Logan ended having a fever for 8 days and Peyton for 5 days. Fast forward to Wednesday, August 25th, I stayed home from work and took the girls to the doctor's office since they still had fevers. The doctor's checked the girls and said they both had red throats, so he did a strep test on them. Let's just say, both girls ended being put on antibiotics. I was happy to find out there was something causing the fevers. They truly had no symptoms, except having a 101 fever.

Ok, back to Friday night... Geoff and I had a chance to go to dinner Friday night as Grammie watched the girls. We first met up with our good friend Annie at El Ranchito in Corona Del Mar. After I snacked on chips and salsa and Geoff and Annie had a cocktail, we said goodbye to Annie and hello to my boss Kyle and his wife Joi. We went to dinner at Bungalow and I must say, the food was awesome! We had a very nice dinner and headed home to the girls. I was worried since Logan had a bit of a fever before we left. They were in good hands with Grammie.



Saturday afternoon, Geoff went to his fantasy football draft so it was just the girls and I. After Peyton woke up from her nap (see above), I decided we needed to do something very mellow since the girls weren't feeling well. I found little piggy banks that the girls could decorate with paint and stinkers by Melissa & Doug. I decided to put down place mats in front of the girls, while they were painting. Note to self, next time put down an entire table cloth. The girls enjoyed decorating the piggy banks but I think Logan enjoyed painting herself more. Logan did get a little paint on our dinner table, and of course, I can't get it off.




Grammie came over to the house in the late afternoon to play with the girls. I recently bought sidewalk chalk so we all went outside and made pictures on the cement in the backyard.



No comments:

Post a Comment