August 30, 2010

Peyton Is Starting Kindergarten

I can't believe Peyton is going to start kindergarten in 3 days. We have purchased all her school supplies, her backpack, lunch box, school clothes and shoes. Grammie also came by this weekend with some adorable school clothes for Peyton. She is very excited to start school and I know she will meet so many new friends since she is such a social butterfly. Of course, I do have a couple concerns.

Our little Peyton loves to sleep in every morning. Sometimes she wakes up after 9:00 a.m. School starts at 8:15, on the dot, so Little Miss Peyton is going to have a rude awakening come Thursday morning when she's woken up at 7:15. Oh, how I hope she wakes up in a good mood, eats her breakfast and puts her clothes on. Grammie recently summed up Peyton for me regarding time... Peyton is a on 48 hour day, while the rest of us are on a 24 hour day. We call her Slow Poke McGee and she has no sense of urgency. We must be ready for school and out the door by 7:55 a.m. I really pray our mornings go smoothly and Peyton wakes up in a wonderful mood. And more importantly, I hope we make it to school on time.

We recently went to Peyton's school to find out who her teacher is, which kids are in her class and what time she will start school. We heard that Peyton's teacher is wonderful with kids. Geoff and I were both shocked to hear that there are 29 kids in Peyton's class. I can't imagine teaching 29 kids at once. I figured there would be a teacher's aid or something, nope. Geoff and I both agreed, we need to volunteer at Peyton's school as much as we can. I truly commend teacher's out there for their wisdom, patience, support, and the love they have for our children.

Last, but not least, Peyton needs to decide what she is going to wear on her first day of school. She has lots to choose from so we'll see what she picks out on Wednesday night.

This is photo of Peyton on her first day of preschool, September 7, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment