May 4, 2010

Beautiful Oregon

We just returned home from our first family vacation and we had the best time ever!! We spent 6 days with my sister and her family in Beaverton, Oregon. It was a bit cold, however we did not get as much rain as we had expected.

Peyton and Logan on their first flight went very well. They were so good on the flight and we kept them busy with lots of activities. The nice thing about Jet Blue is they pretty much let the kids roam around by our seats.


When we arrived in Oregon, my sister picked us up from the airport. During the drive to my sister's house, Peyton noticed how green every thing was in Oregon and her comment to my sister was, "Every thing is so green here. By my house, every thing is blah blah blah". Funny, huh! I must say, we were lucky with the weather and the scenary in Oregon was so beautiful. The girls were so excited to see Shea, Candace and Uncle Mark when we arrived to the house. Shea was nice enough to let us take over her room during our stay. The girls slept on an air mattress together and Geoff and I had the most comfortable bed in the house! Thank you Shea!

We headed to lunch on Friday at Cana's Feast Winery, which was the first winery of two that we went to. The grounds at Cana's Feast Winery were beautiful and every thing is so green. The food was to die for! Shea had to go to school that day so the rest of us headed out to the wineries.








Once we finished lunch, we headed to Penner-Ash Wine Cellars... which had an amazing view. Not sure about the wine, because I didn't partake in tasting. The girls and I wondered the grounds and checked out the garden.













My brother in law Mark was lucky enough to score a couple passes to the Nike Employee Store on Saturday, as they were hosting a huge golf event. We arrived around 9:30 a.m. and by the time we left at 11:00... the place was packed! I was happy to leave and we all got some Nike gear at a great price!

Saturday afternoon, we headed to McMenamins Kennedy School for a May Day festival for the kids. Kennedy School was once a school, that has now been converted to a hotel. So all the classrooms were converted in to hotel rooms. Geoff and I stayed at one of the McMenamin hotels before and we had a blast! The place is so cool, like nothing in California. At the festival, Peyton got her face painted and we danced and listened to a live children's band.









Saturday night we all went to dinner at my sister friend's house, Mike and Kelly. They have two kids, a 5 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. Mike and Kelly were nice enough to let us borrow their carseats so we didn't have to travel with any. To our surprise, they were pretty much the same carseat that we have at home. Anyway, we had a great time at their house, the kids played well together and we had a really yummy dinner.



Sunday morning was our first trip to downtown Portland. Karen, Candace, Peyton, Logan and myself headed to some really cute little shops and a great restaurant called Jade Teahouse & Patisserie. Peyton tried out chopsticks for the first time and she eat a bao using them. I didn't think she would eat the bao, but she loved it... maybe because it was filled with yummy chicken. I had the best Korean BBQ and sticky rice ever! I'm craving it now. My sister was right on when she decided we were going to go to Jade for lunch.

Sunday afternoon we were invited to Eva's 4th birthday part at Pump It Up. All the kids had a great time, and so did Candace, Shea and I. I was exhausted after I left there from running around and racing Candace in the bounce houses.





Once we left the party, Karen wanted to take us the cutest little toy store called Piccolo Mondo Toys. They had the best toys ever! Logan loved all the Elmo dolls they had and the babies too. I ended up buying a cute little bracelet with charms and I also picked out a couple things for the girls flight home. I figured I needed to occupy them a couple new items while flying.



After shopping at the cutest toy store, we made a quick stop at Starbucks for some much needed caffeine, then we took my girls to the park. Beaverton has the most beautifully clean parks I have ever soon! I figured the girls would be exhausted since we went to the birthday party and they run around like crazy girls. Of course they weren't tired for the park!










Geoff and I were lucky enough to have Candace and Shea watch the girls while we went to dinner with Karen and Mark in downtown Portland. The restaurant we went to was 50 Plates and oh my goodness... the food was AMAZING!! And to top it off, once you are finished with dinner, they give you a huge spoon full of chocolate ganache! It was delicious! Candace and Shea had so much fun with the girls, they were my girls out because by the time we got home, they were already asleep! That never happens! Candace and Shea tought the girls new songs and they danced and played with Shea's collection of American Girl Dolls.



Monday morning, Mark and Geoff headed to the golf course while Karen and I took the little ones to the Portland Zoo. We were lucky because the only time it rained was when we went to lunch. We arrived to the zoo just at the right time because most of the animals were very active or they were eating their lunch. For the most part, the girls were good. Logan had a couple episodes where she didn't want to sit in the double stroller, but we had so much fun! Auntie Karen bought the girls very cute giraffe stuffed animals and the most adorable t-shirts. Peyton actually wore hers yesteray at school.



















Shea had soccer practice Monday evening so Candace, Karen, Peyton and I had a chance to head to the nicest soccer field I have seen in my life! I brought cleats so I could kick the ball around with Shea. Peyton ended up taking the ball over and she ran from one end of the field to the other. It was freezing outside by the time it was 7:30 p.m. I don't know how these girls can handle soccer practice in 40 degree weather, while it's raining outside!!! I guess I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.



We had the best vacation EVER!! The girls behaved well for the most part. I think Uncle Mark will be happy when Logan comes up with another word, other than "NO". Logan had her moments where she only wanted mommy, but we got through it. We all can't wait to go visit them again very soon! We miss you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time. The pictures were a treat. Your girls are beyond cute, I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete