June 30, 2010

Peyton Graduated From Preschool Today

Today was a super special day for Peyton, as she graduated from preschool! I can't believe she is going to start kindergarten in September. I know Peyton will truly miss her teacher, she is very special to Peyton.

We started the evening off by going to dinner with some of our family members, my good friend Rachel and her family joined us as well. We had yummy chicken, salads, nachos, etc. Ok, so not the healthiest dinner, but we had a good time sharing all our food.





Once we finished with dinner, we headed to the school to watch the performance by all the students. Peyton had a chance to say hi to some of her friends before the performance, aren't her friends so cute! I must say, the kids really got in to singing and dancing on stage and it was truly a joy to watch. Peyton really loves to sing and do hand motions to the songs. I just loved watching her on stage with a big smile on her face. After the students performed for the parents and friends, the graduation began. Oh wait, after the performance, Logan had a mini meltdown and then the graduation began. :)





The graduates walked down the aisle with sashes over their shoulders and big smiles on their faces. I videotaped most of the performance from my little digital camera, so we'll see how that one turns out tomorrow. I'm sure it was a big shaky. The teachers gave out diplomas to the kids and the parents got a chance to take pictures while they were on stage. Peyton received a special award from her teacher as well. Peyton's teacher gave her an award for the ability to make friends.... that's my little social butterfly. I'm so proud of Peyton and she has learned so much since she started preschool last September. We really loved all the teachers and the support they gave Peyton. When the graduation was finished, we all headed outside for juice and cookies. Peyton got a chance to say bye to her friends and to her teacher as well. Peyton will be headed back to Momma Kay's house for the summer and I know she'll enjoy that. Peyton continiously asks me what the word summer means... I tried to explain but I'm sure she'll understand better once she gets older.




No comments:

Post a Comment