July 27, 2010

July 17th Weekend

Saturday morning started out with Peyton's swim lessons at the community pool. She is officially swimming all by herself. We have a couple more sessions and she's all done for this summer. She's doing so well and not swallowing water like she did when she started swim lessons.

Once swim lessons were over, I got the girls in their dresses and we headed to my girlfriend's house for her Little Chicken Baby Boutique Launch Party. My friend (old roommate and co-worker) started her own online Etsy store where she sells clips for hair, burp clothes, bibs, etc. The cutest stuff ever and totally reasonably priced! I think I bought 6 of the flower clips and Peyton picked out a popsicle clip for herself. There were a whole lot of yummy snacks, super cute kids and nice moms at the launch party. It was exciting to see all the creations in person. Craziness… there were 2 baby boys named Logan at the party too!




We rushed home after the launch party because 2 of Peyton's friends from preschool were coming over for a play date. Logan was excited as she kept telling us that her friends are coming over. Little Peyton was telling her, "they are my friends, not yours". I tried to tell them both that they are ALL our friends and we can all play together… which they did. The girls had so much fun playing in the pool and sliding on the slip n slide. I put on a special cd that Peyton's teacher made so the kids sang and danced for us. We made cupcakes so the girls could decorate them. Mommies were there as well, so I made a yummy dinner including rice pilaf, chicken skewers with veggies and a garden salad. After dinner, the girls had popsicles and they all dressed up in princess costumes. It was a wonderful day and the girls had so much fun!











Sunday morning, Rachel took the girls to church while I got a chance to shower and put some things together because we were heading to the beach in the afternoon. It was a bit chilly most of the afternoon. The sun didn't come out until after 2:30. Logan continues to put her face in the sand and eat it, which still grosses me out! She was covered from head to toe in sand, literally. Peyton had fun playing in the water with her friend and Logan just likes to roll in the sand. Logan and I headed to the bathroom and once she takes her bathing suit off, there is no getting it on when it is wet and sandy. So, she decided she wanted her clothes on, which was fine by me. Once we were finished at the beach, we headed to our friends house to get the girls cleaned up and they ended up putting princess dresses on and doing a song and dance for us.



Check out the sand situation... how does this not drive her insane that all this sand is covering her face.








We left the beach and headed to my parent's house for dinner and we also celebrated Geoff's birthday. My sister Carol made a wonderful dinner and they bought a very special cake for Geoff as well. The girls were so excited to sing happy birthday to him. I took pictures outside at my parent's house and here are a bunch of family shots before singing happy birthday.









It was such a wonderful weekend! Daddy's birthday is Monday... Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment