September 23, 2012

Endeavour

 
The space shuttle Endeavour landed in California on Friday and I was completely intrigued by it all. I attempted to follow it on Twitter as it toured various landmarks in California. I was hoping to get a glimpse but unfortunately, it didn't make it's way towards Irvine. I was excited to learn that Peyton got a chance to see it fly by when she was at school. My mother in law got to see it as well. I searched the internet and found all these photos. I know, I'm a dork but I think it's all so cool and amazing.

{Leaving Mojave Desert}
{On its way to No Cal}

{A close-up}

{Flying by the State Capitol}

{Another shot by the State Capitol}

{Flying by the Golden Gate Bridge... My dad's favorite}


{San Fran with the Bay Bridge off in the distance}

{Love this San Fran picture}

{Passing by the Bay Bridge}

{Griffith Observatory}

{Another favorite, flying by the Hollywood sign}


{The LA skyline}

{God Bless America}

{Flying by Paramount Studios}

{That's Santa Monica Pier down there}


{Passing by Dodger Stadium}

{There's Disneyland}
{And my favorite... passing by Angel Stadium}

{Passing by Grammie's work}
{About to land at LAX}


{Touchdown at LAX}

{From Nasa.... A U.S. Flag is flown out of the top of the Suttle Carrier Aircaft (SCA) as it taxis with space shuttle Endeavour atop Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, at Los Angeles International Airport. Endeavour, built as a replacement for space shuttle Challenger, completed 25 missions, spent 299 days in orbit, and orbited Earth 4,671 times while traveling 122,883,151 miles. Beginning Oct. 30, the shuttle will be on display in the California Science center's Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion, embarking on its new mission to commemorate past achievements in space and educate and inspire future generations of explorers.}

No comments:

Post a Comment