September 8, 2012

Ko Olina ~ Day 5

Wednesday morning, we started off at Dole Plantation.  Peyton was in heaven because her favorite fruit is pineapple.  They had the best pineapple soft serve ever.  I would make a special trip back just for the soft serve, it was that good! 



Logan hid under the table while Peyton was eating pineapple.











These were the scariest, craziest fish I have ever seen!



We left the Dole Plantation and headed to North Shore.  We ended up stumbling across a place called Waimea Valley.  We saw amazing plants, flowers and we even hiked to see a beautiful waterfall.
 


















 


 






After our hike, we headed to the beach to check the big waves at North Shore.  We saw several surfers at our first stop, but the waves were breaking too close to shore so we didn't want the girls playing in the water.  It was just too dangerous. 
 
So we got back in the car and stopped to a great little beach that had some small waves, people snorkeling and we didn't have to worry about the waves taking us out.
 






Can you find the crab that Peyton caught?

Little mermaid.











We left the beach and had to make a stop at Matsumoto Shaved Ice.  I was shocked because there wasn't a huge line when we got there.  I liked the shaved ice, but I think the one at the hotel we stayed at was just as good.  Not sure I would rate it as the best shaved iced I've ever had.  I will have to say, it was really good after a long day at the North Shore.



No comments:

Post a Comment