September 24, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

On Sunday, we participated in the Race for the Cure in memory of my mom, in celebration of one of my co-workers, and in celebration of our family friend, Nancy. It's such an amazing and emotional day.

My sister Carol's shirt said it all… I just want my Mom back. I still can't comprehend that a heart attack took my mom in April of this year. It's hard to believe it was just 2 years ago when she found out she had breast cancer. My mom was such a fighter when she was going through chemo. She never wanted us to worry about her and she lived every day to the fullest. 

There were about 18,000 people that participated in the race this year. Such an awesome turnout. My mom survived breast cancer and I do believe Susan G. Komen has helped make huge discoveries in finding new and better ways to detect breast cancer at its earliest stages. Early detection is so important!

{The race begins}


{Team Cattich Patch}










{The finish line}

{Carol, Nancy and Madi}

No comments:

Post a Comment