February 24, 2010

Logan's 2 Year Doctor Appointment

Logan had her two year check-up this past Monday with Dr. Bennett. I thought she was going to get shots at this visit, but the doctor said she was all caught up on her vaccinations. Thank goodness, I hate it when the girls have to get shots. So here are her stats:

Height: 34.75 inches
Weight: 25.375 pounds

Here are her stats from her prior wellness check-up in September:

Height: 33.25 inches
Weight: 23.625 pounds.

Ok, so she has only gained about 2 pounds since her last visit. That surprised me! The doctor said she's in the 80th percentile for height and 30th percentile for weight. He wasn't very concerned with her weight and basically said she will be tall and skinny.

The rest of the appointment went well except for the fact that Logan cried the entire time. I think she thought she was getting shots. I don't know how the doctor checked her heart rate because she was screaming the entire time. At the trip to urgent care last week, the doctor had to take ear wax out of her ears, which she hated and screamed the entire time. So once Dr. Bennett got even close to her ears, she freaked out! The doctor said she still had a little bit of fluid in her left ear however, it was not red so it wasn't infected. He would like us to come back in 6 weeks to check on her ear again.

I had the doctor check a rash that she's got near her arm pits and her tummy. He confirmed it is eczema. He prescribed a steroid cream for me to put on it. She had a difficult time at preschool last week so I think between crying so much and stressing out about preschool, she had some pretty several rashes on her.

Once we were finished at the doctor's office, I took Logan back to Momma Kay's house. I was so happy she didn't get shots, I'm sure she was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment