April 14, 2010

Dat Mine And Our First Family Vacation

Logan has officially reached the "MINE" stage…. she thinks EVERYTHING is hers! "Dat mine" are truly her favorite words to say right now. I find myself repeating her when she says it because it makes me giggle when I hear those words coming from her mouth. I know that's bad, but it's just too funny because half the things she thinks are hers… are not. These items include, but are not limited to: a box of cereal; Peyton's shoes; my toothbrush; all the color crayons; my Iphone; the laundry basket; the dust pan; a loaf of bread; the computer; a box of Kleenex; and my LV purse. Peyton and Logan can really get in to it when Logan tries to claim something, that is actually Peytons. Peyton will tell Logan, "no, it's mine!" and Logan will say back, "dat mine!" and back and fourth and back and fourth. I usually have to set both of them straight and remind them to share their toys with each other. For what ever reason, I don't recall this phase with Peyton, maybe that's because Logan was a new baby when Peyton was 2. I'll bet Momma Kay heard those words at daycare though… several times throughout the day. :)

I'm so VERY excited to report that the Bennett Family will officially be taking their first family vacation in two weeks!! That's right…we are going to be traveling, which means the girls will be flying in an airplane for the first time! Oh how I think of all the things I need to pack in a carry-on to keep the girls occupied. Note to self… prepare a list on the Iphone when I think of things I should not be without! We will be flying Jet Blue, which I think is a rather fine airline since they have TV's on the back of all the seats and more importantly… DIRECTV!!! I believe the girls will be somewhat occupied by the TV's alone, once we get to the proper altitude and the TV's actually turn on. One can only hope the DIRECTV stations include Nick Jr., that way I won't have to bother packing the portable DVD player. We will be traveling to visit my sister Karen and her family in Beaverton, Oregon. The flight lasts approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, which isn't too bad. I pray for no turbulence! I have a silly concern… the flight takes off at 5:40 p.m. out of Long Beach, and if you know the LB airport, you know there are no restaurants at it. Just a silly little place that sells sandwiches, candy, soda, etc. What the heck will the girls eat for dinner? The flight doesn't land until after 8:00 p.m., which is way past dinner time and they would be starving by then. Peyton isn't too picky, so I could actually pack her a Lunchable or some cold pasta, cheese stick and crackers. Logan on the other hand is my picky eater… what's a mommy to do? I know if Geoff reads this he'll remind me that I worry about the little things however, I want to make sure the girls have a good experience on their first flight and not sitting in their seats starving and fussy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to say, I don't think they have Nick, Jr. on Jet Blue... Here is a channel lineup:

    http://www.jetblue.com/about/whyyoulllike/directv/guide/TribuneTVFront/

    Have fun and don't worry too much about the flight. It's short in comparison to the trips we have taken Megan on, and it's a lot easier than you think it will be. Bon voyage!!!

    ReplyDelete