April 25, 2010

Nice And Relaxing Weekend

Here are the details regarding our fun and relaxing weekend.

Geoff ended working until 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning (those darn Yankees) so I got the kids ready for school and daycare. Of course we were running late, so I decided to take both Peyton and Logan to Momma Kay's house Friday morning. They must have had a great time at Momma Kay's house because they both fell asleep on the way home. I finally woke them up at 7:30 p.m. because I figured they wouldn't sleep through the night and they needed to eat dinner. They finally snapped out of being tired around 8:00 p.m. and we sat and had a very late dinner. To my surprise, they both fell asleep around 9:30 p.m. I got a chance to catch up on my shows that I Tivo. I was very sad when I found out Gossip Girl was not new! Here are a couple pictures of the girls with their Angels hat on before they went to bed. They were so excited when I told them we would visit Grammie and daddy at work on Saturday.


Saturday morning Logan woke up to Geoff's alarm around 7:00 a.m. I was hoping the girls would sleep in but Logan was awake with daddy, so I was up too since Geoff had to be at work at 8:00 a.m. The morning was filled with cleaning the house and getting the girls ready for Bryce and Caleb's birthday party at Bounce U. The girls had so much fun at the birthday party. Logan was pretty much attached to my hip, as she usually is when there are a bunch of people around. So I was climbing on the big bounce houses with her and Peyton. This was the same place Peyton had her 4th birthday party so she knew exactly which bounce houses she wanted to play on.






Once the party was over, we decided to go visit Grammie and daddy at the stadium. The baseball game ended right when the party ended so we didn't have to wait too long to see daddy. Bounce U is about 5 minutes from the stadium. When we drove away, Logan fell asleep within 2 minutes… literally! She was exhausted from running around and sliding at the party. It took a while to get through the parking lot at the stadium since the game just ended so Logan got about a 20 minute nap in. Once we walked in to Grammie's office, Logan was wide awake as if the 20 minute power nap was all she needed. Grammie took us down to the clubhouse and once the elevator doors opened, Hideku Matsui was doing an interview in the waiting area with about 20 guys from the Japanese press. My kids run out the elevator door and they were super loud calling for daddy. I immediately told them to use their inside voices and we hid in a corner until the interview was over. Once we got in to the clubhouse, the girls had a great time running around and eating all the snacks from the snack table. They were like kids in a candy store. We took a bunch of pictures inside the clubhouse.









The girls inside Bubba's office waiting for daddy to finish working.

After daddy was finished working, we headed to the field. The girls loved running around on the baseball field and playing in the bullpen. This picture turned out super cute of the girls with daddy.





Peyton ended up snacking on so much junk in the clubhouse and that night around 11:30 p.m. I could hear her tossing and turning in bed. So I woke her up to ask if she was ok and she said her tummy hurt. So we ran to the bathroom and she threw up! Poor baby!!! She did not get any on the floor, which was very exciting for me because I have a very hard time dealing with that kind of thing. I guess something didn't agree with her tummy because she was fine on Sunday.

We had no set plans on Sunday, which was WONDERFUL!! Daddy had to work at 8:00 a.m. again so it was just the girls and I. We didn't wake up until after 8:30 a.m. My focus for the morning was getting some laundry done since we were leaving for our vacation on Thursday. The girls were acting silly and playing very nicely together so I was able to get a lot done. Since the girls were being so good, I decided to take them out to lunch and shopping at Bella Terra. We had lunch at Pei Wei, which the girls LOVED!! Once we were finished lunch, we headed to the stores and browsed a bit. We ended up at Kohl's because we are in need of a new rug in the downstairs bathroom. Unfortunately, I was not successful in finding a cute rug however, the girls picked out two very cute watering cans for their garden. Kohl's has the most random things and they send me coupons all the time. So I had a $10 off coupon and basically, the water cans were pretty much free! I must say, the girls were so good while shopping. Logan ran from me once at Kohl's and Peyton chased her down. I didn't have the stroller so Logan and Peyton were free to roam. They pretty much stuck by me the whole time, which was great! We headed home around 3:00 p.m. and went straight to the backyard so I could work on the garden and the girls could play outside. Gardening is a serious workout because my legs are killing me! Once we finished in the backyard, we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Peyton rode her bike and I pushed Logan in her little buggy. It was so nice outside so ended up going around the block three times. Peyton is doing so well riding her bike, hopefully we can take the training wheels off soon. We finished our walk and Peyton was begging to eat at her favorite restaurant, Corner Bakery. Since the girls were so good for me today, I figured I would take them out for dinner as a treat. Peyton and Logan love the Pesto Cavatappi, so I promised we would get the mini chocolate cake if they finished all their dinner. Of course, they both finished their pasta and we went home with a mini chocolate cake… which I did not partake in.

Peyton decided she wanted to wear her backpack while eating her breakfast this morning.

We had such a nice and relaxing weekend and the girls were so good for me! We are all very excited for the trip to Oregon on Thursday. I'm hoping the girls are as good on the plane and visiting Auntie Karen's house as they were this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment