March 8, 2010

Busy Weekend!

Our weekend started off with Grammie picking up the girls from Momma Kay's house and school on Friday and I was able to run a couple errands after work. I didn't get home until 8:00 p.m. that night and the girls were in great moods when I arrived. I stayed up late to update the blog, wrap presents and catch up on shows that I Tivo. I couldn't remember the last time I actually watched TV besides what ever is on Nick Jr.

Saturday morning started off with Logan waking up at 5:45 a.m.! What the heck, doesn't she realize mommy didn't go to bed until after 12:00 a.m. and hello… it's SATURDAY! So we went in to Peyton's bed because Peyton was in my bed. Around 6:30 a.m. Logan finally fell back asleep until about 8:00 a.m. Let's just say… I was exhausted on Saturday! For breakfast I made this really yummy cinnamon chip scones that I bought at Whole Foods with June. They were so yummy, Peyton and I both ate 2 and Logan ate 1. Peyton even tried to have the last one for lunch! So the girls and I cleaned the house a bit and then got ready for the big party at Build A Bear. The girls were dressed so darn cute! I absolutely love stripes and I couldn't resist these cute dresses I bought at Carter's the night before. The girls and I arrived right when the party started. Peyton picked out a puppy and Logan picked out a bunny. Peyton named her puppy Hello Kitty and her last name is Strawberry Shortcake. Logan named her bunny, Bunny. They had a good time picking out their outfits and coloring their animals new homes. Once we finished at Build A Bear we had cupcakes to celebrate Claire's birthday. We had a great time with celebrating with Claire and the girls were so excited to show everyone their new friends! This was such a cute idea for a party and girls want to take their stuffed animals everywhere with them.








Logan ENJOYED the cupcakes!!


Once we got home from the birthday party, Logan had fallen asleep for a much needed nap. Peyton and I went upstairs to play on the computer. Peyton's new thing is typing words in Microsoft Word. She loves to type her name and Logan's as well. Grammie came over to visit us that night as well. The girls played with their Doodle Pro's. Peyton was very proud she made flowers all by herself.


Sunday morning we woke up and got ready to go to Ella's house. The girls were so excited to meet Baby Ella. Peyton asked if she could bring Hello Kitty with her and Logan wanted to bring Bunny. :) We arrived and Ella was in a great mood! She was so cute in her little activity center. Logan kept reaching to touch (ok, maybe squeeze) Ella and I had to remind her to be sweet! Both my girls were very good for the visit. I was so impressed with Ella's sleeping skills. The minute she seemed like she needed a nap, she was put in her crib and she slept! What a concept!! I need my friend to come to my house and teach my girls to sleep. They had a special treat for the girls… DONUTS! How did they know the way to my girls' hearts are through donuts? Peyton had 3 donut holes and a whole donut and Logan took the sprinkles off of one. It was so great catching up with my friend and old roommate. We can't wait to see them again and I can't wait to see Ella grow every time we see her. Peyton was so cute, when we got home she said, "Isn't Baby Ella so cute!" I agree!!! Whenever I see a baby… I want another one (but I don't want to be pregnant again). Maybe I can babysit. :)

Logan trying to give Ella a kiss...

Once we got home from our visit at Ella's house, we made cupcakes for Grammie's birthday. Both the girls helped make the cutest little cupcakes ever! They helped frost and put the sprinkles on them. Check out the cute little lady bugs and grass for around the cupcake. So cute!




After making cupcakes we were off to Auntie Jill's house to go to her Oscar party. Auntie Jill gave Logan her birthday present too… a new purse which Logan loves! We had some snacks, chatted about fashion and then we were off to Grammie's house for dinner. We also delivered her special birthday cupcakes. Grammie made yummy spaghetti and for dessert, we had cupcakes! The girls were very good this weekend considering it seemed like we were never home!

Today is Grammie's birthday so were going to take her to dinner! Happy Birthday Grammie!

No comments:

Post a Comment