March 23, 2010

Flowers, Flowers and More Flowers!

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at Peyton's school. So yesterday, we brought Peyton's teacher baked goods in a cute little box which Peyton decorated with My Pretty Pony stickers. Today, we were asked to bring flowers from our garden or they could be store bought. We have no flowers in our yard, but we do have lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits. So I took a trip to Costco during lunch yesterday to get the teacher's favorite flowers, Gerber Daisies (which I love too). I was bummed because last Thursday I went to Costco and they had a dozen Gerber Daises in tons of beautiful colors for $8.99. Not so much yesterday, they only had tulips. Which I do like however, the teacher said she liked Gerbers. So I ended up with a beautiful arrangement that had Gerber Daisies in it for $14.99. I'm so amazed by the colors of Gerber Daisies, especially when they come in multiple colors. So Grammie ended up helping me put the arrangement in a vase last night and it turned out beautiful! Peyton was very excited to bring them to school this morning. Here is a picture of the flowers, aren't the Gerber Daisies so pretty! Can you see the note Peyton made for her teacher next to the flowers?

Tonight, Peyton had to make a card for her teacher, which she has to bring to school tomorrow. Peyton started off by making a flower with crayons. Logan wanted to color too so we set her up with paper and crayons. Peyton finished with crayons, and we moved to paint. We picked some leaves in the garden, then Peyton painted the leaves and then we stamped them on to the paper to make leaves for the flower. She did a great job painting however, she insisted on making pink grass. Here are pictures of the girls coloring and the finished card for Peyton's teacher. So cute huh!



Today is my sixth anniversary at the firm, I can't believe it's six years already!! Time flies!!! So when I arrived this morning at the office, I had a dozen of the brightest pink roses you could ever find and a card from my boss. What a nice surprise that was. They are so beautiful and they smell so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment