March 20, 2010

Sleepover at Grammie's House and The Beach

Last night we headed to Chick Fil A for dinner with the kids. Peyton loves this restaurant... because of the playground and the silly cow. Once the girls finished eating, they headed into the playground. It always amazes me when there are tons of kids in the play area and no parents to be found. There was one little boy who was trying to throw a toy hot wheels car at his sister. I tried warning the boy not the throw it because it could hurt someone. He just looked at me like, come on lady, do you think I'm going to listen to you. Well, once he threw the car at grammie, it was all over. There was a group of six kids that were acting crazy and the parents never once checked on the them during the 20 minutes or so we were in the play area. Why is that so shocking to me? And these kids were between the ages of 3 and 7 max. I don't get it, because there kids were out of control!

Peyton's sleepover at Grammie's house was a success! Grammie got Peyton a new sleeping bag too, though she didn't sleep in it yet. Peyton slept well and had a really good time. Logan was very excited to see her sister in the morning when we arrived at Grammie's house.

I had another soccer game today so Grammie watched the girls. My soccer game on the other head, was not a sucess. I hurt my right leg about five minutes in to the game. I took a corner kick that I should not have. So I have iced my leg throughout the day and wrapped it with an ace bandage. I made the mistake of putting Atomic Bomb (like Tiger Balm but waayyy stronger) on my leg and it has this tingly sensation and I can't fall asleep. I want to wash it off now!

I picked the girls up from Grammie's house and headed to the beach. It was a little cold at the beach and foggy too, but the girls really wanted to go in the water. We only let the big girls go in the water for 20 minutes since it was so cold. They were shivering and Peyton had pink legs from being so cold. Logan didn't go in the water but, she did eat sand! The girls had a great time at the beach. We ended up staying at our friend's house for dinner. The girls played dress up, watched Princess and the Frog and danced to music. We headed home around 8:30 since Peyton has Preschool Sunday in the morning.






After a warm shower... they were much happier (and warm)!




The girls were watching Princess and the Frog.

The girls playing dress up. They claimed they were dressing up for their wedding. :)

Logan loved watching the little fishes swim. I need to buy her one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment