March 24, 2010

Doctor's Visit

On Monday, Logan was sneezing a bit and she had watery eyes... signs she was coming down with a cold. The last couple nights I put the humidifier on in her room and rubbed Vicks on her chest (which completely makes her giggle when I rub it in). I ended up getting a call at work from Momma K and she said Logan just wasn't herself today. She seemed ok this morning when she woke up but, K said she was outside playing for a while and when she came in, her nose was really runny. So, I figured I would set a doctor's appointment since I'm leaving for AZ on Friday and I wanted to make sure she was ok. K gave Logan Motrin, which is a miracle, and she seemed to be better the rest of the day.

I was lucky enough to score an appointment the same day as I set the appointment! The appointment was with a new doctor, who I really liked! She checked Logan's ears and she has a bit of fluid in one and it was red. So she decided on a new antibiotic since Logan is allergic to amoxicillin (and Peyton too). She's required to take it once a day for 10 days. I really hope this medicine works! The last medicine I gave her, came right back out and I could never tell if she even got any. She obviously hated the taste. After her first dose tonight, she said... Yucky! Apparently, it doesn't taste all that good either. Logan's right eye keeps watering so she prescribed eye drops as well. I really hate it when our girls are not feeling well. I'm just glad I decided to take her to the doctors, hopefully I caught her ear infection early enough so it gets better before it gets worse. So far, Logan's had more ear infections than Peyton ever had. When Geoff was little, he had tubes in his ears... let's hope Logan doesn't have to go through the same thing as daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment