March 14, 2010

Is The Weekend Already Over?

This weekend went by way too fast. Once again, we had a very fun and busy weekend. It seemed like we weren't home much.

I forgot to post on Friday that I signed the girls up for swim lessons. They start the first week of June and I set up 10 one on one sessions each. Their lessons will be at a house right by ours and the pool is kept at 90 degrees. Each session lasts 20 minutes. I hope lessons go well for both girls and they will be able to swim and learn pool safety. I can't wait to see how well they do. Last summer Logan fell in the spa at my parents house which was so scary!

Friday night the girls had surprise visitors come to the house. Peyton kept asking who is coming over, who is coming over! Surprise… it was Claire and Addison! The girls were so excited to play, eat dessert and Sarah brought over some really yummy brownies. I consumed way too many! The girls played Jelly Bean Bingo (with Skittles because the jelly beans from See's Candies wouldn't fit on the bingo cards). Logan and Addison kept trying to eat the candies right off the older girl's bingo cards, it was hysterical to watch. Grammie spent the night on Friday night so I could go to my soccer game that started bright and early at 8:00 a.m. in CORONA!!

So I woke up around 6:30 a.m., took a shower because I had to wake up some how and I was off to the game. Unfortunately, our team had no subs so we all played the entire game. The opposing team kicked our butts! We lost 2-0 which wasn't that bad considering these girls ran circles around us. It seemed like they had twice as many players on the field as we did. So now, after 2 days, I'm still in complete pain. Every part of me hurts and aches except my fingers and head… LITERALLY! I’m hoping the two Advil I just took takes a tiny bit of the pain away. Yesterday I sneezed and I thought I was going to die!

After the soccer game I came home and we got ready for Cousin Nick's 5th birthday party. Both girls fell asleep on the way to the party so they had a little nap before all the festivities. All the cousins arrived at Nancy and Terry's house and they played outside for a while. It took a while for Logan to warm up, but she eventually did. After playing outside we had yummy pizza from Zitos, bagels bites and veggies for dinner.










After dinner, we headed to Build A Bear at Downtown Disney. The kids all got to pick out their favorite stuffed animal. Logan picked a frog which she named Rippet and Peyton picked a blue bear with peace signs on it which she named Geoff. :) I'm not sure how Cheryl put up with me that night… I thought I lost my camera, I couldn't find my valet card, Logan was freaking out in the car because Peyton decided to drive in someone else's car. It was a mess. Needless to say, I didn't lose my camera, I put it in the Build A Bear. Why, I don't know? I was so tired from the soccer game and waking up so early that my brain was not functioning and I my short term memory was completely gone!






Once we left Downtown Disney, we headed back to Nancy and Terry's house for cupcakes, presents and a slumber party. Both the girls opted out of the sleepover, but we did put PJ's on before leaving. The girls had a really good time at the party. Just before we were about to leave, Peyton gave all her cousins a hug to say good bye. It was very cute to watch! The next day I let the girls open up their goodie bags from the party. In the goodie bags were the cutest pajamas! Peyton came in to the kitchen to tell me this… Mommy, you gotta see something that is so stinking cute, well it's not really stinky but it's just really cute. It was Logan's pajamas that were so stinking cute to Peyton. Where do they come up with this stuff?



Sunday morning the girls woke up at 9:00 a.m. because of the time change. This time change always gets me. I don't like to lose an hour of sleep. I'm already sleep deprived as it is! So we had breakfast, cleaned the house a bit and then headed to Julie's house to play. Julie has a big trampoline and a play set in her backyard so I knew the girls would have a great time. When we arrived Madison, Kellan, Easton and Emma were there. BTW… It was a beautiful day yesterday so it was perfect for the girls to play outside. Luke and Lily arrived shortly after we did. All the adults had a chance to sit down, eat yummy sandwiches and chat while the kids played. All the kids were jumping on the trampoline, playing baseball and golf too. The static in the girls hair from the trampoline made us all laugh! I tried to capture it in some of these pictures. Sara helped Peyton go across the monkey bars, she almost went all the way across all by herself! Peyton was so excited and wanted to keep trying, however she realized your hands start to hurt after hanging on the monkey bars for so long. The girls had so much fun and they both cried when I said it was time to leave at 7:00 p.m. It was great seeing everyone and we definitely need to hang out more often. I had to get the girls home to eat dinner, take baths and get to bed at a reasonable hour. I took a TON of pictures so enjoy!














Once we got home, they were both so exhausted that the fell asleep around 8:45 p.m. I was shocked because I thought this time change was going keep them up much later. The hardest part of my day was actually trying to get the girls in their beds after they fell asleep downstairs. Logan fell asleep in my arms and I could barely get off the couch because I was in so much pain from soccer. Peyton was the hardest to get in to bed. She fell asleep on the floor in the family room. How I managed to get her off the floor… I don't know. They both made it safely in to their beds and I slept very well, even though Peyton came in to my bed around 11:30 last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment